The church of St. Andrew's was founded in 1195.
The church was repeatedly damaged in the 15th-17th centuries by English invaders and Cromwell's cavalry troopers used the ruins as stables for a period of two years folowing the Battle of Dunbar in 1650. During this period, they laid seige to Neidpath Castle.
In 1560 the parishioners left the building and transferred to Cross Kirk.
In 1663 the stones from Kirk were taken for the widening of Tweed Bridge.
The churchyard has many interesting gravestones.
Historical content : taken from the Town Walk